This weeks challenge theme over at Just For Fun is a star. Out of all the shapes I was hoping it was not going to be was a Star. Thank you Von!! LOL. It stumped me for quite a while. I wanted to do something in card board. I thought about a card and the inspiration failed to come. Then I suddenly remembered I had kept an article/pattern about making star lights. I am not sure which magazine it came out of. That’s long gone. So I enlarged the pattern, cut it out, decorated it, and stuck four of the five points together. At this stage I was getting really excited. Then the fifth would not fit. After about an hour of looking at it I gave it Freddie. Within seconds he said the patterns wrong. One of the edges of the triangle was a few milimeters out and one of the angles was wrong. I then gave him the task of making a new pattern. He is a bit of a geometry whiz. Unlike yours truly. The new pattern is perfect except the construction method needs a little bit of modification. Anyway, if you are still with me, thank you for your patience, and here is the finished star.
Once I had cut the pattern out I sprayed each piece with spray ink. I then scored all the lines. I then stamped the flowers and the flourishes and painted the flowers. I then stamped over the flowers. Now I have never done this before. I am used to outlining or double loading brushes, but I read about Sheena Douglas’ new concept (which is a fabulous idea) and thought I would try it with a stamp I have. My stamping was a bit hit and miss. The trouble was aligning the stamp. I did cheat a bit and go back to using my liner brush on a couple of flowers just to touch up the edges. I then glued and stuck the points together.
Stamps used: Flowers – Elusive Images and the Flourishes – My Paper World.
Sorry this seems to have been a really long post.
Have a great weekend.
Best Wishes Florence.