I have made a quick fabric topped card for the JFF challenge this week. The theme is shades of green. For full details of the challenge, the design teams fabulous projects and all the entries click on the JFF logo on the sidebar.
The top layer is a baby wipe coated in diluted green acrylic paint. When this was dry I used a mask to add more green paint and a little white. I then blasted the wipe with a heat gun until shrivelled, burnt and curled. I attached the wipe to a piece of scrap green corduroy material by sewing all around the edge using a sewing machine. I added a few pieces of tulle over three of the larger leaves and a few stitches hightlighting areas and added a few beads. I then mounted the fabric onto a pieces of stamped card and then onto the backing card.
The idea for this came from last years photo of the medlar tree.
I altered the colour of this
I want to make a fabric book of various plants in the garden so I used this weeks challenge to try out some ideas. Larger medlars and a few more alterations are needed me thinks! lol! It was really good fun though.
Best Wishes Florence.