I have made a quick fabric topped card for the JFF challenge this week. The theme is shades of green.
The top layer is a baby wipe coated in diluted green acrylic paint. When this was dry I used a mask to add more green paint and a little white. I then blasted the wipe with a heat gun until shrivelled, burnt and curled. I attached the wipe to a piece of scrap green corduroy material by sewing all around the edge using a sewing machine. I added a few pieces of tulle over three of the larger leaves and a few stitches hightlighting areas and added a few beads. I then mounted the fabric onto a pieces of stamped card and then onto the backing card.
The idea for this came from last years photo of the medlar tree.
I altered the colour of this
I want to make a fabric book of various plants in the garden so I used this weeks challenge to try out some ideas. Larger medlars and a few more alterations are needed me thinks! lol! It was really good fun though.
Best Wishes Florence.