I have altered a tin for this weeks Out of a Hat Challenge. The theme this week is to choose a line from the bingo card. The full bingo card with all the different choices can be seen on the Out of a Hat blog. I have chosen the top line on the card – Lace, Buttons, Flower and an image. For full details of the challenge, Chrissie’s, Janet’s, Sandra’s fabulous projects and all of the lovely entries click on the link above.
I raided Freddie’s shed again for this tobacco tin. It was full of nails and bits and pieces but I quite liked it because it is rusty and a bit bashed.
I covered the lid with a page from a book, coated it with mod podge and then a coat of crackle glaze. Can you see? I put the page on upside down! LOL!
The flowers are die cuts and attached using hot glue.
Whilst I was waiting for the outside lid to dry I made up the silk cushion for the inside of the lid. I covered a thin piece of card with wadding and then covered the wadding with a piece of silk, securing it underneath by gluing the silk to the card. I then attached the buttons with thread.
The little tag is just a punched out shape, distressed, stamped onto and a little flower and a coin added.
For the main part of the tin. I used 3 pieces of 5 mm corregated packaging card. I cut an apperture in one piece, and pasted strips of book pages around and over the raw edge. I placed and glued down the photo so that it would show through the apperture and then glued all the pieces together with PVA making a sandwich.
When the sandwich of card was dry I covered the top of it with some pretty prima papers and added a pretty frame around the aperture. The lace is attached around the outside of the sandwich and across the bottom using book binding glue.
The pearls, buttons and small flower embellishment have been attached using hot glue. The pink trim across the top is just held in place by pins which are punched into the card. I trimmed the length of the pins as they are just basic sewing pins but they were too long for the depth of the tin. Before I placed the “sandwich” into the tin, I lined the base of the tin with pages from a book.
I used some strips of paper around the outside of the tin to cover up the writing. I coated the paper with mod podge and then added a coat of crackle medium. I made 3 little embellishments out of die cuts and buttons.
I have only put a quick out line of how I made this. I am always happy to answer any questions.
Thank you to everyone who joined in the challenge and shared their fantastic projects with the Hatters last week.
That’s it from me. I am off for my morning cuppa!
Best Wishes Florence x