It seems like months since I last posted anything but in reality it’s only been a couple of weeks. I haven’t been crafting much lately. We have spent the last couple of weeks sorting out the garden and getting ready for the summer which has been great fun.
So, time for crafting me thinks! It’s Thursday and it’s Out of a Hat Challenge. This weeks theme is “If I had wings” For full details of the challenge Janet’s, Sandra’s and Chrissie fabulous projects and all the entries click on the link above.
I made a little Art Doll for this weeks challenge. I’m not sure technically it is an Art Doll but that’s what I’m calling it for now.
The main body is a candle stick (charity shop find) covered in strips of pages taken from a book, coated in modge podge and then coated in crackle medium. I used some kitchen strainers and sieves, from my stash, for the head, wings and the skirt. The arms are made from the handle of one of the strainers which also has been covered in the same way as the candle stick. Nearly forgot, I drilled a hole in the top of the candle stick to attach the head/neck. I fixed the head/neck with a few blobs of 2 part epoxy.
I used a metal scourer from the kitchen cupboard for the hair and a few washers for decoration. The face has been painted onto a piece of ply. Freddie has one of these nifty hole cutters which you attach to a basic drill. I used that to cut the ply circle. The face and the the hair have been attached using hot glue.
I just added some beads to the end of the arms for the hands and added a couple of buttons and a pearl butterfly for embellishments. The tutu underskirt is made from some scrap bits of tulle.
Thank you to everyone who joined in with the challenge last week and shared their fantastic projects…. Wow!
To everyone who is celebrating the Diamond Jubilee have a wonderful weekend of fun
Happy Crafting to All.
Best Wishes Florence x